craftopia

8.23.2006

pink lemonade

I finished this quilt the other day. Inspired by some pics of storage containers. Well, it was finally nice enough outside today to snap a photo. So, here's a new quilt! It is about 45x55in I think.
pink lemonade finished
This was improvisationally pieced. It was very freeing (and exciting) to create and make choices with each and every step of the process. There's more pics over at flickr if you're interested :)
oh yeah, do you like the new banner?? about time isn't it?

10 Comments:

At 3:52 PM, Blogger killedasouthernbelle said...

Whos behind there with those teensy feet??? Love it. Makes me want some candy.

 
At 5:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is a wonderful quilt! Very beautiful...

 
At 6:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is beautiful! I love it. It makes me eager to get back to quilting although I am hoping it cools off a bit here first!

 
At 9:06 PM, Blogger Abby said...

I like the new quilt. I have made all of my quilts on the fly. I think next time I may make a log cabin quilt and actually use a pattern. I like the banner as well. The material looks familiar.

 
At 11:29 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

I like!

 
At 11:44 AM, Blogger Amanda said...

I love it! It is just great, and I love the colors and the freedom of it all. It is funny - last night I just started cutting strips, and had a similar idea - sticking them together with no plan and seeing what came up. Yours gives me hope that mine will be even half as cute!

 
At 9:48 PM, Blogger Sara said...

Alexia, your beautiful work is such an inspiration to quilt! Bravo!!

 
At 3:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cute! :)

 
At 3:42 PM, Blogger Jody said...

I am so in love with this quilt! It has my head buzzing with ideas! As soon as I saw it (yesterday) I started doodling ideas with this random quilting idea in mind. I haven't been able to stop thinking about it all day!

 
At 9:04 PM, Blogger Alexia said...

thank you thank you!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home