craftopia

7.09.2006

today's word is...organization

IMG_5123
This is the chaos that is my sewing space. I have been working on getting organized all week. I have stacked, sorted, piled and sorted again. Again and again. But I finally have all of the "to be decided" piles of fabrics and projects decided upon. So, my discards and keepers are all in their spots and I have two bins of stuff to get rid of!
I sorted the fabrics into color piles, that was fun. I always am pleased with monochromatic stacks of fabric.
IMG_5110
I also made a little more progress on my sisters quilt this week. I am determined to have it finished BEFORE her birthday this august...I am especially determined because this quilt was a gift for her birthday LAST YEAR!!! I have all of the nine patch blocks pieced I just need to lay them out on a large enough surface to arrange all of them...it is a queen size quilt so I will probably lay it out on the lawn!
Here it is...a partial shot of the top two rows...
IMG_5120
The width is about double what you can see in the pic.
I also worked out a new purse pattern last week, one I have been trying to work on for awhile now. This one is a handbag size big enough for essentials but not much more. I am also working on a pattern for a larger version of the same style, a shoulder bag big enough for EVERYthing to fit.
IMG_5131
and the details...
IMG_5132
the black fabric is a double layer of ultrasuede. Sturdy and soft but easy to sew with!
I'm still working on some swap offerings so check back!!

6 Comments:

At 11:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

looks as if you and i are in the same mindset - only you've got a head start! organizing and purging my crafty stash is high on my list this week - hopefully i'll make as much progress as you have!

 
At 10:30 PM, Blogger Lindsay said...

wow - i am in complete awe and envy of your fabric stash!

do you buy most of your fabric online or locally?

 
At 11:39 AM, Blogger Sara said...

Where do you get your ultrasuede? I saw on eBay for *gasp* $40 per yard! Just curious. And like magpie, I am also very envious of your stash! <3

 
At 10:44 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

I wish I could get my fabrics organized, I probably should since I'll be moving soon.

 
At 3:57 PM, Blogger hannah said...

your fabrics look gorgeous now, all piled up in colours, so satisying, and so much easier to locate a particular piece . well done!

 
At 3:04 PM, Blogger deb said...

It looks heavenly to me!

Just visiting your blog for the first time. I love your work. :) I'll stop in again when I have more time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home