craftopia

6.18.2006

flea market find

The Nashville flea market has always been good but lately it has drawn more vendors that sell the things that I really like...vintage clothes, buttons, fabric and linens. I went last month with Jemina and found this awesome dress. I love the fruity print and the white ric rac.
new dress
and a close up of the print...
fruity fun
I was thinking the other day about some of my attempts at using a vintage pattern to make a new dress...many of them just don't end up having the feel and look of some of my authentic vintage dresses...even the ones I have made using vintage cloth. I think a substantial part of the appeal of vintage dresses is the way they are worn in in all of the good ways and washed so many times that the fabric takes on that soft hand. I would love to get my hands on a chemical that can age fabric the way a couple hundred washes does. Anyway, I look forward to this month's flea market...I think it is next weekend. It'll be sweaty as hell but totally worth it!

1 Comments:

At 12:00 PM, Blogger killedasouthernbelle said...

Will you call us and take us?
we need to be led.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home