craftopia

11.26.2005

my first meatloaf

I did something last night I never, ever thought I would do... I made meatloaf! This is a combo of three recipes so I figured I could call it mine :)
Well, turkey meatloaf, but meatloaf none the less!
It was so good!
so I know there's the whole "only eat your mother's meatloaf" thing but for a lower fat version try this out!

Alexia’s Turkey Meatloaf
yield 8 servings
2 lb ground turkey
1 1/2 cups crushed ritz crackers
2 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
1/2 cup finely chopped celery
1/2 cup finely chopped carrot
3 cloves garlic minced
2 tablespoons spicy mustard
1/4 cup worstershire
1/4 cup ketchup
1/4 cup sour cream
2 eggs
1 tsp salt
1 tsp fresh ground pepper
1/2 tsp thyme
1/2 tsp basil
1/2 tsp oregano
1/4 tsp garlic powder

Preheat oven to 400 F.
Saute onion, celery, garlic, carrot in butter until soft and onions are transluscent. Let cool.
Combine all dry ingredients in large mixing bowl.
Add all wet ingredients, except turkey, to the veggies. Add veggie mixture and ground turkey to the dry ingredients mixing until combined but be careful not to over-mix.
Pack into a greased 10 in loaf pan and cook for about 50 min.

3 Comments:

At 7:59 PM, Blogger killedasouthernbelle said...

ymbawaumba. i love meatloaf. i once did the meatloaf tour of nashville. tried meatloaf each time i ate out.
as of recent as you and rob know.... Teds montana place has a kickazz meatloaf. you rock. but ew on the ritz.
i use gritz instead! ha.

 
At 9:34 PM, Blogger Alexia said...

paula deen made me do it!- the ritz crackers I mean!

 
At 1:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope this isn't too random - not sure if you remember me, it's Kevin from Pearl (french class). Just sorta decided to find out what was going on with everyone since then - I actually got an email from Ms. Gamble a while ago so now I'm on this whole nostalgia kick.

I'm guessing the "your web page" field makes the link in my name at the top of the comment, so I plugged in my MySpace url.

Uhh… I guess if you're still in touch with anyone from back then, let 'em know I said hey. ^_^

 

Post a Comment

<< Home