craftopia

1.13.2008

flea market find

I found these great deco style dining chairs at the flea market in the fall. I had been looking for some new chairs for my work room and didn't want to spend much. Well, these beauties were $15 total and I decided to recover the seats in some Amy Butler fabric I had in my stash.
My husband helped, as it does take four hands to pull fabric, hold in place and staple to the underside of the seat!
I think they turned out really well and my total project cost was probably around $30. Not bad for two new, great looking, chairs.
recovered chairs

4 Comments:

At 5:42 PM, Blogger Sgulde said...

LOVE 'em! Great job.

 
At 5:23 AM, Blogger the unreliable narrator said...

I reaaaaalllly need to do this to our ancient mismatched thrift-store chairs and I just have the world's dumbest question: can you use a regular stapler (inconceivable!) or do you have to use a special hardware store stapler (yep)? They look soo groovy and cool. :o)

 
At 4:05 AM, Blogger Sara said...

Those are lovely! Would've been cool to see a "before" pic, just to admire the transformation. :-)

 
At 7:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are right sara, before pix would have been great. I should remember that next time I reupholster my old hard rubbish chairs. I always seem to forget to take some snaps cos I'm always so excited about pulling them apart and making them lovely..
Good job none the less :)

www.adelle.com.au

 

Post a Comment

<< Home